From paint colors to pantries, eaves to energy conservation, Historic Homeowner membership helps you preserve and maintain the character and value of your historic home, whether it was built in 1750 or 1950.
This membership offers dedicated attention, knowledgeable support, and customized service that no shelter magazine or how-to guide can provide.
In addition to personalized support for your own old-house questions, enjoy access to members-only behind-the-scenes events on topics tailored to preserving houses. Through the Historic Homeowner program, members share in protecting the unique character of historic properties throughout the region.
Tax-Deductible Amount: $70.00
Historic Homeowner Membership Benefits:
Individualized online, telephone, or email consultation and follow-up support to help you:
Plus all the general benefits of Historic New England membership:
- Select period exterior or interior paint colors and treatments
- Evaluate the design and history of your older home for compatibility with construction proposals
- Locate specialty contractors
- Online and telephone access for two additional technical assistance requests
- Monthly historic homeowner e-newsletter
- Members-only historic house workshops, pop-up tours, and other events
- Free admission for two adults and all children in the same household to all Historic New England sites, the Library and Archives, and the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
- Four single-use guest passes
- Member publications, including Historic New England magazine (three issues per year), the Passport to Historic New England, Guide to Historic Properties, members' newsletter, and calendar of events
- Access to nearly 100 fun and exciting free-to-members programs and events
- Discounted admission to hundreds of other events each year
- Discounts on gifts and publications